Coastal Environment Education Centre: Planned Activities
In the near future the following planned activities will be implemented at the Coastal Environment Education Centre:
- Training for Green Teachers – every quarter (four times a year).
- Children’s Nature Camp / Summer Camp – during holidays and whenever possible.
- Research study on the Coastal Estuarine Ecosystem (Kalivelli) – every month.
- Students / Teachers exchange programme.
- Outreach programme for surrounding coastal and inland village school students / eco club students through the centre.
- Environmental education and awareness programs for the surrounding villages.
- Coastal eco education for various groups like self help groups, panchayat members, farmers, fisher folk, school headmasters, teachers and students.
- The centre can be used by marine and other research scholars for their studies.
- Permanent exhibition on marine and coastal eco system for visiting groups and school children for their day programme.
- Network with Pitchandikulam Bio Resource Centre – Auroville, Nadukuppam and other Environmental Resource and Research centres.
- Material preparation for headmasters and teachers from the schools of Kadapakkam panchayat.
- Exchange program at the centre for Nadukuppam, Pitchandikulam Bio Resource Centre – Auroville and Uluru schools.
- The center will deliver environmental education aims for the UBS schools’ education programme.
- Production of Environmental and coastal eco system education materials.
- GIS (Geographic Information System) mapping of Kadapakkam and other coastal villages with relevant information for the community.