Snakebites are becoming an increasing problem in the communities around TEWFI. In the 3 months prior to the commencement of the project beginning five individuals, including one four year old child died as a result of snake bites. These deaths were preventable, but due to a general misunderstanding and lack of knowledge as to how to treat such bites, death resulted in each case. The programme has so far visited schools, youth and community groups in 6 villages; the goal is to reach all 24 villages in the Edaikazhinadu Town Panchayat. At each session the social workers taught the procedure that needs to be followed once bitten, this included calming the patient down, and getting them immediately to a government run hospital where free anti-venom is available that works on all types of snakebites. Previously villagers had believed that the snake must be found and identified before any anti-venom could be used. The programme aims to prevent further deaths by correcting such misunderstandings. TEWFI has prepared awareness notice including First Aid for Snake bites and immediate actions to be taken etc. The notice is being distributed to all the local communities, shops in Edaikazhinadu Panchayat and also in the schools in order to make people aware of these things.